Praxis II?: Education of Exceptional Students (0353, 0382, 0542, 0544)
About the contents:
* How to use this book
* Overview of the exam
* Proven study strategies and test-taking tips
Part I: Review of Specific Special Education Test Sections
* Core Content Knowledge (0353): Understanding exceptionalities; legal and societal issues; delivery of services
* Learning Disabilities (0382): Characteristics of individuals with learning disabilities; delivery ofservices
* Mild to Moderate Disabilities (0542): Assessment; curriculum and instruction; structuring and managing the learning environment
* Severe to Profound Disabilities (0544): Characteristics of learners; assessment; curriculum and instruction; structuring and managing the learning environment
Part II: Full-Length Practice Tests
* Each practice exam includes the same number of multiple-choice questions as the actual exam
* Complete with answers and explanations for all questions ... Read more
Customer Reviews (11)
Praxis Severe Disabilities
This actually covered more than just the severe disabilities.It would have definitely helped when I took earlier Praxis exams.This gives a good idea of what type of questions will be asked.
Special Education Praxis Exam
For those of you who are looking to expand your education and work with special needs children or adults, this practice book is the one.Easy to understand, covers all information needed to prepare you for the praxis exam in all categories.Includes a pre-test that will prepare you for the exam that covers all categoriesa and information.
Not happy: Test prep only good for 3 question items in the actual Praxis II
I took the Praxis II for special education early in Jan '10 and I have to say I was really blown away by how little the test material for the Core Content Knowledge exam (0353) was covered by this Cliff Notes test prep.Fortunately, being a sped veteran teacher for 10 years gave me what I needed to know to feel confident that I passed the test. To be fair, some of the background knowledge for the 2004 update of IDEA was useful, but it might have been 3 out of 60 questions total. I chose this one for the price, and while I don't know how the other test preps compare, I do have buyer's remorse. I spent many hours studying things in this booklet and got very little in return based on the actual test. I want those hours of my life back.
Not worth buying and studying for 0353, unless you know nothing about special ed.
I read the introduction section, the 0353 section, took the practice test and read the section in the back of the book. After taking the 0353 section of the Praxis II. I feel that this book was not worth buying and wasting your time studying, unless for a warm up. There was a fair amount of content in the book which was not on the test. The study book is well organized and breaks information into a very understandable current special edu. material. I did learn somethings from reading this book. In short if you have no clue about special education and you are taking section 0353. I think this would be good buy because it does highlight basic principles which the test is based on. Other wise unless for a refresher or warm up for the test. I do not think it is worth the purchase.
Looks like it is a good study resource
I have not been able to use this book yet, but from what I have read and heard, it sounds like a good book to use preparing for the Praxis test.
... Read more